If I had Known This Back Then – Tips to Starting into Tabletop Gaming
So for the topic today we want to talk about the things that I wish I had known when I started into the hobby. Back a few months I asked this same question in some community groups. Here is the list in no specific order.
- Paint what you have before buying new miniatures.
- Remember this is a game, buy in because you enjoy the game and want to enjoy it, not to be competitive.
- Don’t get caught up on being competitive, enjoy the game first
- Having fun is primary, everything else is secondary
- The hobby usually costs more than you catch at first sight.
- Area to play, build, paint
- Take care of your brushes and they will take care of you
- Don’t get paint ferrule
- Invest in brush soap (masters [amazon_link asins=’B00F38YVQS’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’minibattlefie-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4ace6a13-ed1f-11e7-8bc2-2f3a4595c3b4′])
- Invest in a wet pallet
How to make a Wet Pallet
- Get involved in a community before starting the game
- Make sure that you have people to play
- Invest in with someone else
- Pick your game carefully
- Choose the best for the community
- Best for you intest
- Best for you budget
- Ask if you are not sure, get connected and stay connected.
If you have any more to add, let us know. Join the community. http://minibattlefieldgames.com/community
We will be starting a series on starting a 40k army for $200. More information to come soon!